Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shadow Squadron, standing by: Jawa Juice

Shadow Squadron, standing by!
Shadow 5 “Jawa Juice”

We move from a veteran to one of the youngest pilots in Great Lakes Base.  Jawa Juice may be a “nugget” compared to some of the other Shadows, but he’s quickly making a name for himself within the squadron.
 
AWRI: What inspired you to do a Rebel pilot costume?
Well, I've always liked the Rebel Pilots.  I feel there is a certain romance that comes with being a Rebel Pilot: a dashing rogue, fighting for freedom and justice in an era of great darkness.  Aces from all over the galaxy, when I was little there was one thing I wanted to be and that was a Rebel Pilot.  I grew up as part of that little generation before the Prequels – though, I was 10 when Episode I was in theaters, I had grown up with the original films before that; and I've always wanted to be a Rebel Pilot since then.

AWRI: Do you have a custom helmet? If so what's the inspiration behind it.
Yes I do, and there is a funny story to that.  I play this game called “Ace Combat,” in the game there is a character known as Captain Bartlet, his call-sign is "Heart Break One".  He had a particular logo on his plane that was the ace of hearts with a knife through it.  Originally, I wanted to do that but I thought that wasn't Star Wars enough, so I took away the playing card, and turned the knife into two vibro-swords stabbing into the heart. I kept the call-sign "Heart Break One"

AWRI: Who is your favorite pilot in the books or movies? Why?
That would be Wedge, and that is mostly from Rogue Squadron. I feel he's a much better leader then Luke.

AWRI: What's your favorite Rebel starfighter? Why?
Oddly enough...it’s an A-Wing!  I like the speed of the fighter and just the way it looks.  I look at the A-Wing and I truly believe it’s a great design.   It may have weaker shields and armor but makes up for that with its speed and maneuverability; also it looks really sleek and mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment