Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shadow Squadron, standing by: Vacuum

Shadow Squadron, standing by!
Shadow 10 “Vacuum”

They say “you can’t lose your shadow!”  Well, the same is true for Angela -- one of the original members of Shadow Squadron.  After taking some time away from trooping, “Vacuum” is back and never been better.

AWRI: What inspired you to do a Rebel pilot costume?
Ever since I was a very small girl, I have been mad for anything space and aviation related and could never get enough of sci-fi and real world things involving either.  When ANH (just called “Star Wars” back then) came out in theaters, I was twelve and pretty much lost my freaking mind over it!  And while my friends all wanted to be Leia, Han or Luke, I just wanted to be an X-Wing pilot.  When I stumbled across The Rebel Legion years back and saw people making and wearing real live actual pilot costumes (among others) I knew I had to create own.  Back then, you pretty much had to scratch build a lot of the parts; but I looooved the challenge of figuring out how to reverse engineer things like the flightsuit and flak vest.  I had been out of it for a while due to life, but have been having a blast dressing up and making people smile again recently and am so glad to be back.

AWRI: Do you have a custom helmet? If so what's the inspiration behind it.
Yep. Going back even before joining the Legion, I have participated in writing in various play by post collaborative RPG sites.  More often than not, my favorite characters to write have been the pilots.  One of whom was quite a hothead and had a tattoo of a rebel crest surrounded by flames on her person.  Something I later did myself (yeah, I get into character, seriously ;) ) and then replicated the design as decals for my flight helmet.  Since reactivating, I added my call-sign and Shadow Squadron number as well.

AWRI: Who is your favorite pilot in the books or movies? Why?
Wes Janson (the X-Wing books/comics version). Because I love a smartass.

AWRI: What's your favorite Rebel starfighter? Why?
The Incom T-65 X-Wing. It's a sexy beast that's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment