Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shadow Squadron, standing by: Mieal Deneb and Jacen Deneb


Shadow Squadron, standing by!
Shadows 14 and 15 - Mieal Deneb and Jacen Deneb

It has been said that “the Force is STRONG in your family,” which is also true when it comes to Shadow Squadron’s husband and wife team.

AWRI: What inspired you to do Rebel pilot costumes?
MD: I've wanted an Original Trilogy costume, and since (as a kid) I used to pretend I was Luke flying around in his X-wing, figured an X-wing pilot would be great. Also, we were going to Celebration V, which was at the time of the 30th anniversary of ESB; so I thought it would be fitting to also do Snowspeeder pilot costumes.

AWRI: Do you have a custom helmet? If so what's the inspiration behind it.
MD: Yes, I designed my helmet. I was inspired by another childhood favorite of mine [classic] Battlestar Galactica, so I took elements of the Viper pilot helmets and incorporated it into my X-wing helmet design utilizing Shadow Squadron's colors. I also threw in some hidden Mickeys because I love Disney; which turns out is pretty fitting now that they own Star Wars. When it came to Jason’s helmet, I designed his as well.

Jacen Deneb
Mieal Deneb

AWRI: Who is your favorite pilot in the books or movies? Why?
MD: Luke will always be my favorite pilot. He's the one who destroyed the original Death Star and is the best pilot they have. Luke was my childhood hero growing up.

AWRI: What's your favorite Rebel starfighter? Why?
MD: I will always love the X-wing because that is what Luke (and R2-D2!) flew during the battle at Yavin.

No comments:

Post a Comment